Adani related

Adani Power is incorporated in Ahmedabad, India.

Adani Power was incorporated in 1996. On July 28, 2009, Adani Power came outwith an Initial Public Offering (IPO) of 30,16,52,031 shares of Rs 10 par value at a premium of Rs 90 per share.

Adani Power shares are listed on both the leading Stock Exchanges in India viz. the Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (BSE) and the National Stock Exchange Limited (NSE). The respective codes are as below Code NSE BSE Exchange ADANIPOWER 533096 Reuters ADEL.NS ADEL.BO Bloomberg ADE:IN ADE:IN

Adani Power was listed on the BSE and NSE on August 20,2009.

Adani Power has not given any bonus stocks till now.

Adani Power has not split its shares since IPO.

The minimum trading unit is 10.

You can place an order with a broker registered with SEBI. Purchase or sell securities only through authorized stockbrokers duly registered with Stock Exchanges. Ensure that you receive a contract note for all transactions. Note: This communication does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security

For queries related to share transfer and share certificates, dividend and change of address, please contact our Registrar and Share Transfer Agent at Karvy Computershare Private Limited (KCPL) Plot No. 17-24, Vittal Rao Nagar, Madhapur, Hyderabad – 500 081 Tel +91 40 2342 0815 to 28 Fax +91 40 2342 0814

To check Adani's quarterly and annual financial results, please click here.

How can i get the copy of the Annual Report?   To download the soft copies of the Annual report, please click here.

To download the softcopies of annual reports, please click here

We provide a detailed investor kit which provides in-depth information about the Group. You can download it by clicking on the link Investor Kit.

To enable investors, across the country and abroad, to register their queries, the company has designated a new e-mailID

M/s Deloitte Haskins & Sells serves as auditor for Adani Power..

The fiscal year of Adani Power runs from April 1 to March 31 with quarterly results announced as per the regulatory norms.

Adani Power regularly participates at broker-sponsored conferences. Most of presentations/media releases made during such conferences are posted on the website, especially where material discussions of the company's performance take place.

Address change

A request letter duly signed by the shareholder(s) (including all joint-holders) stating the new address along with the Pin Code (mandatory) and all the Folio Nos must be sent to KCPL. You must ensure that the signature of the first holder is as per the specimen signature recorded with KCPL.

Since the Depository Participant (DP) maintains the records of all the shares in electronic form, therefore any information pertaining to the change in address needs to be furnished to the respective DP.The said DP will then pass on this information to Adani Power as and when required for dispatch of Annual Accounts; Postal ballots, Issue of Bonus shares; payment of dividend or any other communication.

No.The request letter for up dation of records should be signed by the first holder along with the signatures of the joint holders.

No. There can only be one registered address for one folio


Dematerialisation is the process by which a client can get physical certificates converted into electronic balances.

To dematerialize your holding, you should first have an account with a Depository Participant (DP) of your choice. You may then hand-over to your DP, the certificates along with the Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF). Only the securities registered in your name can be submitted for dematerialization. Your DP will then send the DRF and the certificates to SSIPL and an electronic request will also be sent through the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) or Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL) network reconfirming the same.SSIPL will verify the documents and if found in order, the dematerialization request will be confirmed to NSDL/CDSL who will in turn inform your DP. In the books of the Company, your folio with SSIPL will be debited and the account of NSDL/CDSL will be credited in respect of such dematerialized securities.NSDL/CDSL in their electronic records will credit the account of your DP. Your DP will then credit your account with the number of securities that have been dematerialized and the securities will thereafter be held in electronic form.This process would take approximately 15-20 days.

You have to approach a DP and fill up an account opening form and follow the Account opening procedure. The account opening form must be supported by a Proof of Identity. Signature and photograph of investor must be authenticated by an existing demat account holder or by investor's banker. Alternatively, one can submit a copy of a valid Passport, Voters ID Card, Driving License or PAN card with photograph or such other identity proof as may be acceptable to the DP. For Proof of Address you can provide a copy of ration card or passport or voter ID or PAN card or driving license or bank passbook or such other documents as may be acceptable to the DP.Further investor has to sign an agreement with DP in the prescribed standard format, containing details of investor's and DP’s rights and duties. DP should provide investor with a copy of such agreement and schedule of charges for his future reference. Thereafter the DP will open his account in the system and provide him the account number. Your DP will allot you an account number which will serve as a reference for all your future dealings with them. It may be advisable to be aware of the rates that will be charged to you by your DP for various activities.

You may buy and sell securities in electronic form through the depository by coordinating with your broker and your DP. Such transactions would be simpler and faster. Payments for such transactions would be made in the same way as is done for physical certificates. Securities purchased in electronic form are credited to your account on the very next day of payout with no formalities off illing transfer deeds or applying to the Company for registration.All such transactions are exempt from stamp duty and accordingly no share transfer stamps are required to be affixed. Such transactions are not routed through the Company and the debit/credit takes place directly in the Depository System. However, corporate benefits would be paid to the person holding such securities on the Record date/Book closure date as applicable.

Your DP will update your account after each transaction, and would periodically furnish you with a statement of holding. You may verify this with your DP at the time of opening your electronic account.

Transaction statement is received from the DP once in a quarter.

In case of any discrepancy in the transaction statement, contact your DP. If the discrepancy cannot be resolved by the DP you should approach the Depository.

Yes. One can open more than one account in the same name with the same DP at their different locations and also with different DPs.

No. You are not required to maintain any such minimum balance of securities.

No. The demat account must be opened in the same ownership pattern in which the securities are held in the physical form. If one share certificate is in his individual name and another certificate is jointly held with some other person, in such case two different accounts would need to be opened.

Yes,all the corporate benefits such as dividend, bonus shares, rights shares will be issued by SSIPL to the beneficial owners i.e. the account holders who hold the securities in electronic form. The dividend amounts as and when declared/paid will be sent to you/your bankers directly.The entitlement of rights and bonus shares/debentures wherever applicable, will be credited to the beneficiaries account as per the investors' option and the terms of the issue.

As per the existing guidelines, an investor can choose to reconvert his electronic holding into physical form at any time through his DP. On receipt of the rematerialisation request along with the Remat Request Form (RRF) the Company will issue fresh certificates.


With a view to enabling the shareholders to appoint nominees for their shareholding(s), the Companies (Amendment) Act, 1999has made provision under which a shareholder can now nominate a person in whom the share or debenture or deposit would vest with, in the event of former's death. Pursuant to this provision, the Department of Company Affairs has by Notification No GSR 23(F) dated 12th January, 1999 prescribed Form 2B for making nomination in respect of shares, pursuant to Rules 4CCC and 5D of the Companies (Central Government) General Rules and Forms, 1956. Hence you can make a nomination by filling in and sending Form 2B singly if you are a sole holder or jointly if you are joint holders to KCPL. After verifying your signatures your nomination would be registered and an intimation of the same would be sent to you, which you are requested to preserve to avoid any future Important points to note o Always include your complete address along with pin code while filling in the transferdeed/opening an account with a Depository Participant o Keep photocopies of certificates, transfer deeds and other documents sent by post to KCPL. In case of a loss in transit, they come handy. o A transfer deed for shares is valid for only one year from the date of presentation or the last book closure of the company, whichever is later

The nomination can be made only by individual(s) holding shares singly or jointly.If the shares are held jointly, all the joint holders will sign the nomination form. Non-individuals including a society, trust, body corporate, partnership firm, karta of Hindu Undivided Family and holder of Power of Attorney cannot nominate.

Section109A (1) provides for the nomination of "a person", Form 2B prescribed for nomination requires the "name and address of the nominee". The view is that only one nomination is allowed to be made per folio. However if the shareholders hold in more than one folio but in different order of names or hold in joint names in more than one folio in different combination of names, then they can appoint different nominees under each folio.

A shareholder can change the nomination as and when he so desires. However, the rules do not prescribe any specific manner in which the variation or cancellation of the nomination can be made.In the absence of clear guidelines or rules, shareholder can change the nomination by a letter revoking his old nomination and submitting Form 2B for change in nomination.

The prescribed Form 2B only provides for the name and address of the nominee.Section 109B (1) provides that the Board may require the nominee to provide and produce such evidence to prove his identity as thought necessary in the opinion of the Board. Without prejudice to the above, the shareholder may also provide the specimen signature of the nominee duly attested by his banker where he is holding an account along with Form 2B.

Yes.Shareholders holding shares jointly may together nominate a person to whom the shares shall vest in the event of death of all joint holders.

In the event of death of one of the joint holders, the shares get transmitted in the name of the surviving holder. The death of one of the joint holders does not rescind the nomination. Nominee will have title to the shares only on the death of all the joint holders.

Under the laws of wills and testamentary dispositions, joint wills cannot be revoke dafter the demise of one of the joint testators. Extending the principle in this case would suggest that nominations made jointly cannot be revoked after the demise of one of the joint holders.

Yes.Nomination can be made in favor of minor. In that event, the name and address of the guardian shall be given by the holder.

Sub-Section(4) of Section 109A provides that it shall be lawful for the holder of the shares to nominate in the prescribed manner any person to become entitled to shares of the company in the event of his death during the minority of the nominee. A perusal of the prescribed Form 2B reveals that in case of a minor nominee, a person shall be named as guardian to whom the shares shall vest in the event of death of the shareholder during minority of nominee.

A shareholder is required to fill in the distinctive numbers of shares on Form 2Band the shares covered by these distinctive shall be transmitted to the nominee in the event of death of the shareholder. For any further acquisition of shares of Adani Power, the shareholders will have to extend the nomination to the additional shares by filling in the necessary Form 2B as the existing nomination does not automatically cover the additional shares. To ensure that the nomination is valid, the shareholders need to make specific mention of all distinctive numbers.

The nomination should be for the full holding and not part.

The Act provides that the nomination overrides a will or any other testamentary law/instrument.

A nominee is entitled to transfer the inherited shares in the same manner as the deceased shareholder could have made without having to transmit the shares in his name.

Yes.However, if the Board has issued a notice to the nominee to elect and no election either to transfer or hold the shares in his name is made within a period of 90 days, the Board may withhold the payments of the dividends, bonus or other moneys payable/accruing to the shares.

A nominee is not entitled to exercise any voting rights before being registered as a member.

The Power of Attorney holder is not allowed to sign the nomination form on behalf of the shareholder.

On death of the shareholder, the nominee has to elect either to register himself as a shareholder or to transfer the shares. If he elects to register himself as a shareholder, he has to intimate his decision in writing preferably to KCPL. This will be in the form of a transmission and therefore will not attract stamp duty. If a shareholder elects to transfer the shares, he has to send a notice in writing to KCPL. Since this amount to transfer of shares like any other transfer, the same would attract stamp duty.

If the nominee dies before the shareholder, Adani Power shall transmit the shares in the name of the heirs or legal representatives or holder of the succession certificate. The heirs of the nominee are not entitled to the shares if the nominee has predeceased the shareholder.


One should send the share certificates along with the duly filled in and executed share transfer deed to KCPL. The share transfer deed should bear the share transfer stamps at 0.25% of the market value on the date of execution of the transfer deed or consideration value whichever is higher.The rate per share can be picked up from any newspaper. The date for which the rate is picked up must be the same as the execution date mentioned on the transfer deed. Electronic transactions do not attract any stamp duty. However, each Depository Participant may levy a transaction charge. The rate should be confirmed with your Depository Participant beforehand.

One can contact nearest ‘General Post Office’ for share transfer stamps or getting transfer deeds stamped.

The procedure of registration of shares gifted to someone is same as the procedure for a normal transfer. The stamp duty is also applicable in case of gifted shares, and the present rate of duty is 0.25% of the market value prevailing on the date of execution of the transfer deed by the transferee.

If any existing shareholder wants to add another joint-holder to his/her shareholding then he will have to execute a transfer deed, duly stamped and submit the same preferably to KCPL.

It is advisable to register securities in joint names in order to facilitate succession.

A transfer deed is valid for a period of one year from the presentation date indicated in the stamp affixed by the Registrar of Companies on the upper portion of the deed or the closure date of Register of Members immediately after the presentation date, whichever is later. Please check whether your transfer deed is still valid. If so, one shall submit the transfer deed duly executed and stamped along with share certificate(s) preferably to KCPL for transfer in his favor.If the validity period of the transfer deed has expired then one has to approach the Registrar of Companies or for extending the validity of the transfer deed. Alternatively, one may approach the registered holder/sellerwhose signatures appear on the transfer deed as seller to execute freshtransfer deeds. Thereafter one may submit the fresh/revalidated transfer deedto KCPL for transfer.

Yes,the shares of Adani Power are to be compulsorily traded in demat form. However,one can still hold the shares in physical form. .

The Depository Participants will give the list of demat account holders and the number of shares held by them in electronic form on the Book Closure date or Record date to Adani Power (known as Benpos). After the necessary approval and on the basis of Benpos, the Company will issue dividend warrants in favour of the demat account holders.

The rights of the shareholders holding shares in electronic form are at par with the holders in physical form. Hence they are eligible to get the Annual Report and will have the right to attend the AGM as a shareholder.

Common risk factors applicable to trading in physical shares like mismatch in signatures, loss in postal transit, etc., are absent since the dematerialised shares are traded scrip less. However,in the unlikely event of any other dispute, the concerned Stock Exchange and/or Depository viz. NSDL/CSDL or Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), maybe approached for resolving such issues.


Please submit the certificates along with the attested copy of the Succession Certificate or Probate of Will or Letter of Administration obtained in respect of the sole holding. You are also required to submit the prescribed transmission form available with KCPL duly completed and signed by the legal heir(s)/executor(s) whose signature(s) should be verified by his/their bank manager under his official seal stating his full name, designation with name and address of the bank.Attestation on the legal document should be done by aNotary Public under his official seal stating full name, address and registration number. In case you do not have any such form of Legal Representation, please write to KCPL for further advice. Dependent upon the type and size of holding, certain documentation may be required for transmission of securities in favor of the legal heirs.

The surviving shareholder(s) will have to submit an attested copy of the death certificate of the deceased holder along with the relevant certificates and the prescribed transmission form available with KCPL duly completed and signed by the survivors as per the specimen signatures registered with KCPL so that the name of the deceased can be deleted from the Company's records as well as from the certificates.KCPL will then return the share certificates to the applicant/registered holder with necessary endorsement. Attestation on the death certificate should be done by a Notary Public/Bank Manager under his official seal stating full name, address, and registration number (in case of notary public) and full name, designation with name and address of bank (in case of bank manager).

Yes, but the transaction would be treated like a normal transfer and would attract stamp duty. An attested copy of the death certificate of the deceased holder along with the relevant certificates and duly completed transfer deed should be submitted to KCPL. Attestation on the death certificate should be done by a Notary Public/Bank Manager under his official seal, stating full name, address and registration no (in case of notary public) and full name, designation with name and address of bank (in case of bank manager).

Firstly the legal heirs have to obtain a Succession Certificate or Letter of Administration with respect to the shares and a true copy of the same, duly attested by the Court Officer, or Notary should be sent to KCPL with a request letter along with all the share certificates in original, for transmission in their favour.

The legal heirs will have to get the will probated by the Court of competent jurisdiction and then send a copy of the probated will, along with relevant schedule/an nexure setting out the details of the shares, the relevant share certificates in original and transmission form for transmission.

You will appreciate that in order to ascertain that the will in question is the last will and testament made by the deceased, it is important that the same is authenticated/ probated by the Court. This is to protect the interest of the investors at large and to obviate any future claims/disputes on the same.

As per law, the joint holder is deemed to be having indivisible ownership of the joint property and Adani Power cannot ascertain as to how or why the name was included. As per the Articles of Association of the Company, the surviving joint holders are the only persons recognized as having title to the shares.

Upon death of the shareholder or of both the joint shareholders as the case may be,the nominee would be required to furnish the following documents in addition to any other for the purposes of identification: (a) Certified true copy of death certificate of shareholder (b) Proof of date of birth of the nominee (c) An affidavit/declaration by the nominee declaring his rights (d) The original share certificate On production of above documents and any further documents, if required, and on being satisfied about the identity of the nominee, will request the nominee elect either to register himself as holder of shares or to transfer the shares,the nominee is then required to issue a notice of election.


A. Individuals Please write to KCPL, giving the following details o Reason for change of name accompanied by supporting document duly attested o The name(s) of the company(ies) in which you hold shares o Full details of both your old and new names o Your Ref Folio Number -which can be found on your share/debenture certificates or dividend/interest counterfoil B. Corporate Please write to KCPL enclosing an original or certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name.

Yes. For securities held in physical form, the request for change in the order of names of registered holders should be made in the prescribed Transposition form available at the offices of KCPL. The form is to be signed by all the joint holders and submitted along with the certificates. In case you wish to interchange the order of the names for demat purposes, the form OA (available with your Depository Participant) may be duly completed in the desired order of names and submitted to them with the Dematerialisation Request Form and the certificates. Note:You can transpose full or part of the holdings. For securities held in electronic form, please contact your Depository Participant.

Yes, you can. If you have more than one folio with identical names and in the same order, please write to KCPL along with the certificates pertaining to the folio having the smaller holdings. Do not send the certificates pertaining to the larger holdings, in which account the multiple folio is being amalgamated.Prescribed amalgamation forms are available at all offices of KCPL.

Please send us the certificates, provided they are under the same folio, along with a covering letter to KCPL. If they are not under the same folio, but have the same order of names, please follow the procedure mentioned for amalgamation of the accounts to facilitate consolidation into marketable lots/single certificate.

Any change in the specimen signature should be intimated to KCPL immediately to enable mailing of the required forms. This is applicable only for holdings in physical form.

Please immediately intimate KCPL regarding loss of certificates, giving details of folio number and distinctive numbers. It is advisable to lodge a complaint with the local Police Station. Kindly send KCPL an acknowledged copy of the Complaint/FIR for advice on the further course of action.You should state o Name of the Company in which you hold securities o Your full name and address, as recorded with KCPL o The distinctive number(s) of the certificate(s) that is/are missing If you do not know the number(s) of the missing certificate(s) please provide the number(s) of the certificates still in your possession.Please also state if the certificate(s) is/are lost or stolen. If the certificate(s) is/are stolen,we will require the F.I.R as issued by the Police. Your letter must be signed by at least one of the holders. We will send you the documents to be executed for issue of duplicate certificates. In case you trace your certificates, please inform KCPL immediately so as to avoid any complexity/delay in future transactions.

Please send the old certificates along with the computer-printed intimation sent to you earlier or a covering letter signed by the holders to KCPL. The new certificates will be mailed to you.